Friday, February 5, 2010

My first encounter with a golf club

My very first encounter with a golf club was when i was 8 years old. The whole family went on vacation to La Union, Philippines.

We stayed with our tita whose house was inside the Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University (DMMMSU). While my dad and uncle were grilling fish for their 'pulutan' in the outside kitchen, all of us kids were around the fire just anxiously waiting for the fish to be cooked. 

Then i noticed a golf club and a white ball near the door.

I picked up the club, setup on the ball, wiggled my butt and made a full swing!

Wooosshh! Missed.

Wooosshh! Missed.

Wooosshh! Missed.

That's it!!! It's a stupid toy! I never bothered to give it another chance.

Come to think of it now, I dont even remember which club it was (7-iron, maybe) or what brand the ball was. But i still remember that first time.

Do you remember your first time?

No comments:

Post a Comment