Monday, February 8, 2010

Why do I love golf?

24 years later that first time, my officemates and I decided to try hit some balls at the nearby driving range. This range was just a block away from the office and one guy had a full set of clubs with him. They took turns with the 7-iron, while i tried the 8. As i still remember vividly Tiger Wood's swing at the 2005 Open Championships, I tried to imitate him.

Hey! That was a good shot! My ball was airborne and it landed near the 100 yard marker. My form was correct, according to my buddies who said I posed like a Pro after my follow-thru!

Just as fast as when I thought I could excel in this game, the perfect swing abandoned me. My next hits were all good for bowling.

<!-- more --!>

How come this old guy on the next bay was hitting it like it's so easy?!

This challenged me. Golf is not an easy sport, young or old. Golf IS a SPORT!

Why do I love golf?

Definitely, it is not because I can use it to close business deals on the green (BTW, that’s impolite. You should at least wait until you finish the round and do it in the clubhouse). Not because I can be identified as a sophisticated man. Not because I aim to beat the next player.

It is about the challenge.

It is you versus you.

It is you versus the course.

It is about honesty.

It is about integrity.

It is about that one perfect shot… for immortality!

You, why do you love golf?

No comments:

Post a Comment